Halloween is around the corner and this halloween sangria is sure to be a scream at your next costume party!
Who’s got their chunky sweater and boots on and is loving this fall weather?? This girl! I’m already planning my Halloween parties and all the yummy dishes that will be on a festive fall tablescape. I’ve teamed up with Solo to show you how to make a Halloween sangria for your October 31st costume party that all your guests will love!
Maybe you’re planning a Spooky Halloween party or Friendsgiving this year, or you’re just gathering with friends to celebrate on a Friday. Whatever the grand or small occasion, this Halloween sangria is the perfect addition to any cocktail party this fall season.
What you need for this spooky sangria recipe
This spooky halloween sangria is totally customizable, but here are some ideas to get you started
A bottle of red wine (see notes below)
Dark fruit such as Black Grapes, blackberries, black plums, cranberries and blood orange slices
Other fun additions: plastic spiders, gummy worms, edible eyeballs or other kinds of creepy crawlies are a spooktacular addition to your pitcher of sangria!
Click here to check out the short web story for this recipe!
Step By Step Instructions To Make This Halloween Cocktail
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the water, sugar, cinnamon stick, nutmeg and cloves.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- In a large pitcher, combine the red wine and apple cider. Stir in the simple syrup mixture, apples, oranges, and cinnamon sticks.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight, before serving over ice.
What is the best red wine to use for sangria?
There are lots of types of wines to choose from for this easy halloween sangria recipe. Choosing the variety of red wine for your sangria will determine what fruits you put in your pitcher.
- Merlot – is generally fruity and round, with a soft body. I love to add flavors like vanilla, dried fig, and pears when I use Merlot in sangria.
- Cabernet Sauvignon – often a wine with a bigger flavor with aromas of cassis (blackcurrent) and blackberry flavor. It has lots of cocoa notes and roasted coffee.
- Pinot Noir – a lighter red wine with fruity notes, and an affordable option!
A flavor infused simple syrup was added to this sangria to bring out all the fall flavors that we love this time of year: cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. They combine to make the perfect party punch!
Do you have your Halloween costume planned? Whatever you dress as, be sure to celebrate safely!
Love this recipe? Be sure to check out my Chai Spiced White RussiansPrint
This red wine sangria has the warm flavors of fall and your favorite dark fruits. Perfect for Halloween!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1 bottle of red wine of your choice
- 3 cups apple cider
- 2 large honeycrisp apples, cored and sliced
- 1 large blood orange, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the water, sugar, cinnamon stick, nutmeg and cloves. Bring to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- In a large pitcher, combine the red wine and apple cider. Stir in the simple syrup mixture, apples, oranges, and cinnamon sticks. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight, before serving over ice.
Keywords: red sangria; sangria; cocktails;