6 cups cubed banana bread
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup cream
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup kahlua
⅓ cup brown sugar
For the sauce:
– ¼ cup milk
– ½ cup heavy cream
– ½ cup granulated sugar
– 1 tablespoon corn starch
– 2 tsp vanilla
– 1 tablespoon kahlua
1. Preheat oven to 350F and generously butter a 12” x 8” baking dish
2. Add the cream, milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Place the banana bread cubes into the baking dish and pour the custard mixture over the cubes. Let it sit for 30 minutes before placing it in the oven.
4. Bake for 45-50 minutes until a knife inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
5. To make the sauce, combine sauce ingredients in a sauce pan. Over medium heat, add milk, cream, and sugar to a large saucepan. Heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
Add your cornstarch and whisk until there are no visible lumps. Continue to heat, stirring frequently, until your sauce thickens.
Add your vanilla extract and kahlua and stir to combine. Heat until desired consistency is achieved. Pour over bread pudding