Packed with fresh veggies, beans, pasta, and aromatic herbs, this hearty Instant Pot Minestrone soup is ready in just 15 minutes! Get ready to enjoy this Italian classic soup without spending hours in the kitchen!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 cup onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 can diced tomatoes (15oz)
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 cup of eggplant, diced
1/2 cup of pasta (I used ditalini)
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
32 ounces of chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 cup marinara
1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups baby spinach
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese for garnish
Fresh herbs (parsley or basil) for garnish
- Using the sauté function, add olive oil and heat it up. Once heated, add the diced onions and minced garlic, and sauté until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the diced carrots, celery, and eggplant to the pot. Sauté the vegetables for a few minutes until they start to soften. Add the pasta, then pour in the canned diced tomatoes with their juices, followed by the broth and marinara. Stir in the cannellini beans, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Make sure the pasta is covered by liquid.
- Cancel the sauté function and secure the lid on the Instant Pot. Select the manual function and set the cooking time to 5 minutes. Make sure the pressure valve is set to “Sealing.”
- After the cooking time is up, allow for a natural release of pressure for approximately 5 minutes, then carefully perform a quick pressure release by turning the pressure valve to “Venting.”
- Stir in baby spinach and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- Ladle the Instant Pot Minestrone Soup into bowls, and if desired, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh herbs.
Keywords: Minestrone, soup,