Chicken breasts simmered in a fresh lemon caper white wine sauce.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
1 tbl flour
1 small shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper
3 tbl capers
The juice of one lemon, or 1/4 cup lemon juice
8 oz linguine, cooked
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to warm plate.
- Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil. Into the pan add the shallots and cook until almost translucent. Add the garlic and cook about a minute, making sure not to burn. Add the flour and mix well with the fat, adding more if needed. Cook for one minute.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine, using a whisk, incorporate the liquid into the flour mix until there are no lumps. Add chicken broth
- Add the lemon juice and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Season as needed with salt and pepper
- Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with linguine, pour sauce over chicken and pasta and garnish with basil if desired.
Keywords: chicken; piccata