- 20 oz tomatoes, canned or fresh
- 3/4 cup white onion, cut into 1.5”pieces
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped including seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Wash tomatoes and cut out the core. Roughly chop each tomato and place in the blender. If you’re using canned peeled tomatoes, you can put them directly into the blender from the can
Cut onion quarters or 1.5″ chunks. You may use white, red or sweet. Roughly chop garlic and add to the blender.
Put the lid on the blender. Depending on the strength of your blender, you’ll have to pulse 5-10 times to get the desired consistency. If you’d like it chunkier, pulse it less!
Keywords: salsa; dips