These mini truffle parmesan hasselback potatoes are the perfect crispy, garlicky side dish you need at your next holiday! They compliment every meal!
Thanksgiving is around the corner, and weather in Chicago calls for SNOW today, so I’m in comfort food mode here at the Windy City Dinner Fairy house. These mini parmesan hasselback potatoes drizzled with truffle infused olive oil were just the ticket! Their crispy outside and velvety inside make them the ultimate side dish for any meal!
Why we love these truffle parmesan hasselback potatoes
It’s a fun new way to enjoy your favorite spuds, and a tasty appetizer with a kick that is so easy to make! The velvety inside of these hasselback potatoes are simply irresistible!
Ingredients for this Recipe
- Mini Potatoes – I used mini Yukon Gold potatoes, but small red potatoes would work as well.
- Truffle infused olive oil – I prefer black truffle oil, which has a stronger, more earthy flavor, but if you like the lighter flavor of white truffle oil, you’re free to use that!
- Parmesan Cheese – pre-grated from your local grocery store is fine!
- Thyme – the thyme from my garden this summer is still thriving, so I used that! Dried is fine too!
- Butter – this is melted and mixed with a combination of spices and poured over the top of the hasselback potatoes right when they come out of the oven
- Spices – a combination of garlic powder, chives, salt and pepper puts the finishing touch on these little bites
Step By Step Instructions To Make This Recipe
Slice the potatoes
A pencil or a chopstick is the perfect thing to use as a guide for cutting hasselback potatoes. Be sure to keep your knife level and parallel to your cutting surface as you cut.
Drizzle with truffle inused olive oil
This is where that delicious truffle flavor is infused into each tiny potato, and helps to create those crispy edges everyone loves!
Sprinkle grated Parmesan Cheese
Because everything is better with a little cheese!
Air Fry or Bake
Air fry or bake the potatoes at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown.
Drizzle with melted herb butter
While the potatoes are baking, combine melted butter, garlic powder, salt, pepper and chives in a bowl. When the potatoes are done, remove from the oven and pour melted butter over top.
FAQs and Expert tips
Make sure potatoes are similar in size. This ensures even cooking time for your truffle parmesan hasselback potatoes.
Use a guide. Using a pencil or chopstick when slicing these hasselback potatoes makes cutting them a breeze!
Space the potatoes out in the oven. Overcrowding will result in the potatoes being steamed, which will prohibit those crispy edges from forming. Make sure there’s space in between your potatoes when roasting.
Additional recipes to try
- Creamy Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes are just the side dish you need!
- These Roasted Brussels Sprouts with reduced balsamic and goat cheese are always a hit with the family!
- If you are looking for a delicious soup for a starter, try my Roasted Carrot and Apple Soup!
- This winter squash and farro salad is a show stopping, hearty salad for the veggie eaters in your life!
Thanks for reading! If you make this recipe please come back and let me know how you like it by leaving a rating and review.Print
2 pounds mini yukon gold potatoes
2 tablespoons white or black truffle oil
1 tsp sea salt flakes
Freshly ground pepper
1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp fresh or dried chives
1 tablespoon grated parmesan
2 tablespoons butter
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp fresh chives or 1 tsp dried chives
Fresh thyme sprigs for garnish
Preheat oven or air fryer to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Cut mini potatoes hasselback style, by making thin slices in the potatoes, cutting almost, but not all the way through the potato. *Tip: Use a pencil or chopsticks placed on either side of the mini potato as a cutting guide to prevent cutting all the way through the potatoes!
Place hasselbacked potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with truffle infused oil and sprinkle with flaked sea salt. Add freshly ground pepper and the fresh thyme leaves. Toss to combine and coat the potatoes.
Arrange coated potatoes in an even layer, cut side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven or air fryer for 20-25 minutes or until the tops of the potatoes are golden. Remove from oven.
While the potatoes are in the oven, melt butter and add chives, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
After the potatoes have been removed from the oven, pour seasoned melted butter over the top. Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs and serve!
- Serving Size: 4 potatoes
- Calories: 325
- Sugar: 8.8g
- Sodium: 599.2mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.6g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 47.3g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 5.6g
- Cholesterol: 15.3mg
Want to pin this for later? Click on the image below!