Stuffed with baby spinach, peppers, and cheese, this spinach and red pepper frittata makes a delicious brunch, lunch, or light dinner!
When I need a healthy breakfast in a hurry, my go-to dish is a frittata! This spinach and red pepper frittata takes just 20 minutes from start to finish and it’s loaded with nutritious veggies and protein! Best of all, it’s made with basic ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge!
I love frittatas because they are so versatile! You can make it them for lunch, breakfast or dinner, and add your favorite veggies, meats, cheeses, herbs and other add-ins. The possibilities are endless!
What’s the difference between and omelet and a frittata?
The main difference between an omelet and a frittata is the veggies and cheese that are in a frittata are mixed in the pan rather than folded in the center. While omelets are typically made to serve just one, frittatas can serve the whole family. Additionally, I love serving frittatas for guests because they can be eaten hot or at room temperature.
Can this spinach frittata be made ahead of time?
Frittatas can either be made to order or made in advance! They can be reheated, served warm, or even at room temperature. That makes this breakfast option perfect for meal prep! I love making these on Sundays to grab and go in the morning before work.
How long does a frittata last in the fridge?
If stored correctly in an airtight container, this spinach and red pepper frittata can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
How do you reheat a frittata?
If you choose to eat the frittata hot after storing in the fridge, follow these steps for reheating:
- Remove frittata from the fridge, remove any plastic wrap or foil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until it is warmed through.
How do you make a spinach and red pepper frittata?
Start by whisking together the eggs, and cream. Then add cheese and stir to combine. Set this mixture aside! If you’re cooking any veggies for this spinach and red pepper frittata, it’s important to mix the eggs and cheese together before you cook them, because the egg mixture is added to the vegetables in the skillet while they’re cooking. It cooks quickly so have everything prepped beforehand!
Love entertaining? Check out how to build a breakfast bagel board!Print
8 eggs, whisked (don’t overbeat)
1 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 cups cooked red bell pepper
5 oz raw baby spinach, chopped
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
½ teaspoon salt and pepper
1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper
- Add the peppers, chopped spinach, grated parmesan cheese, and stir to combine. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and pour the mixture into an oven-safe pan then place it in the oven and bake until set, 20 to 23 minutes.
- Add crumbled feta cheese and sliced cherry tomatoes if desired. Slice and serve the frittata directly from the pan.
Want to save this for later? Click on the image below!