- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 8 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbl sage leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 32 (3.5 inch square) wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
Brown Butter Sauce
4 oz baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots; cook and stir until starting to brown. Reduce the heat to medium and add the mushrooms, thyme, garlic and sage; continue to cook until the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mascarpone cheese, parmesan and mushroom mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Lay out 16 wonton wrappers on a clean surface. Cut the wonton wrappers with a 3″ scalloped biscuit cutter. Whisk together the egg and milk in a small cup. Brush the egg wash onto the wrappers. Place one tablespoon of the cheese mixture onto the center of each square. Place a second wonton wrapper over the top of all the filling and press to seal the edges. Cover with plastic wrap and and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the ravioli one at a time and cook until they float to the top, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt 2 tbl butter in a saute pan over medium heat. Add sliced portobello mushrooms and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender and browned. Remove to a serving dish; sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tbl of olive oil to pan over high heat until hot. Add sage leaves and fry until crisp, 2-3 seconds. Transfer to a paper towel and season with salt. Set aside.
In a small sauce pan, melt 1/2 cup unsalted butter over medium heat. Continue to cook until butter foams, swirling often. Once butter foams keep a close eye on it. The color will change from yellow to tan and then to brown. Once it reaches brown, remove it from the heat immediately and pour over the cooked pasta.
- Add mushrooms to pasta. Garnish with fried sage leaves, and freshly grated parmesan.
Keywords: ravioli; pasta; mushroom