4 tbl extra virgin olive oil
1 pound baby portabello mushrooms, cleaned and sliced 1/4″ thick
1 medium onion, diced finely
3 medium garlic cloves, minced
12 oz arborio rice
3 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 dry cup white wine
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
1 oz grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for garnish
Handful of chopped parsley
1. Saute the mushrooms: Heat the olive oil on browning mode in the Instant Pot on browning mode. Saute the mushrooms until softened, about 8 minutes.
2. Add onion, garlic and rice: Add the onion and garlic and cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Add the rice and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the outside of the rice is translucent.
3. Add the stock and wine: Stir well and cook for about about 2 minutes. Close the Instant Pot and turn the valve to seal.
4. Cook the risotto: Cook on low pressure for 6 minutes. Release the pressure by using the release valve on the Instant Pot.
5. Add the cream and cheeses: Cook the risotto for an additional 1-2 minutes with the lid open on browning mode, stirring constantly, until creamy. Add the cream, Parmesan and gorgonzola, stir to combine. Add the parsley and stir well. Serve immediately with extra cheese and parsley.