These fluffy vegan blueberry crumble muffins are probably the BEST muffins I’ve ever had! Soft and fluffy blueberry muffins topped with crumbly granola streusel give you the perfect texture combo and touch of sweetness. The only blueberry muffins recipe you will ever need!
Recently, a local company called Safe + Fair reached out to me about styling a photo shoot of their new products. As I always do before agreeing to work with someone, I did a little research on the background of the company. I’ve had some negative experiences in partnering with brands in the past, and I want to make sure I can support a brand with a clear conscience. I was delighted to learn that not only are Safe + Fair’s products incredibly delicious, the company donates 3% of their proceeds to the Sean N. Parker Center for Allergy and Asthma Research at Stanford University. I knew that this was a brand that I could get behind!
Who is Safe + Fair?
Safe + Fair makes granolas, chips, baking mixes, and cookies that are allergy friendly. Did you know that food allergies affect more than 15 million people in the United States today? That’s 15 million people and growing, doubling roughly every 10 years. Approximately 25% will have a near-fatal anaphylactic reaction. There is a visit to the emergency room due to a food allergy-induced anaphylactic reaction every two minutes.That number is growing every day, so it’s so important to ensure that the labels on food packaging lists details on all the ingredients. Safe + Fair makes sure to include the following on both their packaging and website:
- What their products contain
- What their products may contain based on any potential for cross-contamination
- The type of facility where the product is made
Are their products allergy friendly?
Safe + Fair products are always free from peanuts, tree nuts and GMOs. Many products are free from other common allergens and are gluten-free and vegan too. The Safe + Fair Granolas are Top 8 Free which means they are free from peanuts, tree nuts, milk, egg, wheat, soy, shellfish and fish. They are also gluten free, non GMO and certified vegan. Allergens are clearly noted on packaging if they are ever used in their products or in their facilities.
I wanted to create something delicious with one of their incredible granolas, so I made these fluffy vegan blueberry muffins with a granola crumble topping. Let me tell you, vegan or not, these are some of the best muffins I’ve ever had! I brought them to the shoot, and the vote was unanimous. They’re like little heavenly blueberry pillows! I can’t wait for you to try them!
What if I’m not vegan?
If you’re not vegan, you can substitute an egg for the flax seed mixture, and use whole milk. Either way, these fluffy blueberry granola crumble muffins are going to be to die for!
As with any muffin, make sure you don’t over mix the dough. It will increase the gluten and make for a chewy muffin, rather than a fluffy one. Simply mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl, the wet in another, and just stir to combine. Add the blueberries last and fold them in! Top with the granola crumble and bake. Couldn’t be any easier!
I hope this becomes a recipe your whole family will love! Happy baking!
If you loved this recipe, be sure to check out my banana chocolate chip muffins!Print
Vegan Blueberry Muffins with Granola Crumble
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbl flaxseed meal + 2.5 tbl water
- 1/3 cup coconut beverage
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Safe + Fair blueberry cinnamon granola
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the flaxseed mixture and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together granola, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
Want to pin this for later? Click on the image below!