Double Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies are super rich and fudgy chocolate cookies topped with a peppermint kiss are the perfect cookie for any cookie exchange or holiday party!
I’m sticking to my goal for 2017 and baking a lot more for fun. Yes, I realize it’s taken me almost the entire year to do so, but hey! I’m doing it!
I can’t tell you how many hours I spend waiting for butter to soften. For the longest time I didn’t have a microwave (that’s a long story) and I would sit for hours waiting for my butter to soften. I needed room temperature butter for so many things and it drove me crazy that I had to sit and be patient for the magic to happen.
This year, I’m making things a little easier and a LOT more delicious with Country Crock® Baking Sticks. Country Crock® Baking Sticks are already creamy and soft – so they’re ready to bake when you are! So that means less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying these double chocolate peppermint kiss cookies with your loved ones.
Country Crock was the perfect addition to these decadent double chocolate peppermint kiss cookies. I am participating in a virtual holiday cookie exchange on Instagram with a few of my favorite food bloggers and I’ve been on a holiday cookie kick because of it! These are my second cookie in the exchange. Be sure to check out the first recipe (my red velvet crinkle cookies!)
What is Country Crock?
Country Crock®is a delicious buttery spread that adds real country fresh taste to family recipes and is made with real, simple ingredients including delicious oils, purified water and a pinch of salt.
How does baking with Country Crock compare to baking with butter?
Country Crock®Salted and Unsalted Baking Sticks are made with vegetable oil, and have 45% less saturated fat and 30% less calories than butter. Though our Baking Sticks are made with different ingredients, you can use them to replace butter 1:1 in your favorite recipes. And because our Baking Sticks have a soft and creamy texture, they mix easily straight out of the refrigerator! Overall, these Double Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies were so decadent and I couldn’t tell they weren’t made with butter!
Let me know what you think!
How long do the cookies last?
Most soft homemade cookies last for 2-3 days on your countertop or pantry and 4-5 months in the freezer!
Can I freeze the dough?
Double Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies 1x
- 1 1/2 sticks of Country Crock baking sticks, salted,
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar, tightly packed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Peppermint white chocolate kisses
- Combine country crock baking sticks and sugar in a large bowl and use an electric mixer to beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring until completely combined.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet until completely combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- After chilling, preheat oven to 350F.
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake on 350F for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place an unwrapped kiss on top.
Want to pin this for later? Click on the image below!