2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
4 tsp garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1-1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, (divided)
1 cup whole milk
8 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp fresh parsley
1 tsp chives
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silpat.
- Add 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter in a small microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Add melted butter and milk and whisk just until flour is all wet, do not over mix.
- Add cheese, fresh parsley and chives and fold in with a spoon.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) of butter in small mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds or until butter is melted.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and parsley. Stir with a pastry brush.
- Remove biscuits from oven, brush with melted butter mixture. Serve and enjoy!