Who doesn’t love those delicious and refreshing asian lettuce wraps? My homemade version tastes just like PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps, and they are so easy to make, you won’t have to dine out again! Theses are delicious entree for busy weeknights or a date night in this weekend!
If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you know I love to try and copy recipes that we find in restaurants. It’s such a fun challenge for me, and it means we can dine with four star food in the comfort of our sweatpants! I’ve become such a home body, it’s perfect for me.
PF Changs has a super yummy lettuce wrap dish that I get every time we go out for Christmas eve in Michigan. They’re a hit with the table, and looked so easy to make! I knew it was going to be my next attempt at a copycat recipe.
I love the rich, slightly salty, slightly sweet, slightly sour blend of flavors in each copycat PF Changs lettuce wrap, and the crunch is just what you’re needing to complete each bite. You can also make them as spicy as you’d like with a drizzle of some Sriracha, too!
So why spend $10 plus tip, plus travel time, plus all the wait time when you can make enough to feed a family for the same price, in a fraction of the time, and you can enjoy them in the comfort of your own home? Copycat recipes at home are the best!
To make the copycat PF Changs lettuce wrap:
- First cook the ground turkey or chicken through in a skillet with a little sesame oil.
- While that turkey is cooking you use that time up to whisk together your sauce with hoisin, rice vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Add your veggies to the turkey and let cook for a couple minutes
- Add your sauce and let it simmer
- Now tear off those lettuce leaves and pile in that delicious copycat PF Changs lettuce wrap filling! Top with your favorites and enjoy!
Slice your garnishing peppers and scallions on an angle. I place my lettuce wraps on a slate board and surrounded them with additional soy sauce, sriracha and lime wedges to tell a story.
Copycat PF Changs Lettuce Wraps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tsp sweet chili sauce
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1 teaspoon sriracha
1 tbl hoisin
4 tablespoons sesame oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 8- ounce can water chestnuts drained and minced
2 clove garlic minced
2 scallion stalks chopped (2 tbl set aside for garnish)
3 mini bell peppers, diced
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
peanuts to garnish (optional)
shredded carrots for garnish (optional)
iceberg or butter lettuce for serving
- In a large skillet add two tablespoons of sesame oil and brown the turkey in it on medium-high heat.
- When the turkey has browned, add in the rest of the oil and sauté the water chestnuts, bell peppers, garlic and scallions for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, hoisin, oyster sauce and rice vinegar and stir to coat and combine everything.
- Serve in lettuce cups and top with garnishes if desired