36 Simek’s classic meatballs
1 lb bacon, cut in half (my package had 18 slices so I had 36 half-slices of bacon)
1 cup brown sugar
36 grape tomatoes
Iceberg lettuce, cut into cubes
1/2 cup mayonnaise.
2 tablespoons French dressing.
4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish.
1 tablespoon finely minced white onion.
1 teaspoon white vinegar.
1 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Spray a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut a pound of bacon strips in half and wrap them around Simek’s meatballs (I thawed mine a bit so I could insert the skewer) securing the bacon in place with a toothpick.
- Dredge the bacon wrapped meatballs in the sugar, pressing to coat it well.
- Place them on the greased broiler pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, depending on how you like your bacon. I like mine crispy, so I baked them for 35 minutes.
- Let the meatballs cool until you’re able to handle them, then assemble the rest of the skewer, placing a grape tomato then a stack of iceberg lettuce.
- Combine the ingredients for your special dipping sauce and stir until they’re blended. Serve on the side of your skewers