- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 10–12 fresh mint leaves plus more for garnish
- ½ lemon cut into wedges, plus more for garnish
- 1 ounce simple syrup or 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 ½ ounces lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 4 ounces Empress Gin
- Crushed ice
- Sparkling water or seltzer or club soda
Divide mint leaves and blueberries between two highball/collins glasses.
Add the simple syrup (or granulated sugar) and use a metal or wooded muddle to gently mash the contents of the glass together for about 30 seconds. This will allow the oils and juices to release and blend together.
Pour the lemon juice and gin into the glasses, then fill them almost to the top with crushed ice. Add a splash of sparkling water, seltzer, or club soda and stir well.
Garnish with a lemon wheel and sprigs of mint, if desired.