You know the old adage, “you are what you eat?” Well today, that could not be more true. Smoothies are a weekly part of my breakfast routine, and as delicious as fruit smoothies are, they’re all sugar, and unfortunately not the best way to start the day. By adding a little protein to this very berry smoothie bowl, you’ll get your nutrients, and you’ll enjoy it too! Most days I make the traditional smoothie in a glass and sometimes top it with homemade granola, but every once in a while I like to be fancy and put it in a bowl!
The best part about this smoothie bowl is the toppings!!
You can get as crazy as you want. If you ever surf the hashtag #smoothiebowl on Instagram or Pinterest, you’ll see some really beautiful bowls out there. I’ve always looked at them in awe, but then realized how easy they are to create! Especially with all the cookie cutters I have in my house.
I kept it somewhat simple here, and adding a spoonful each coconut flakes, chia seeds for added nutrients, fiber, and protein, and of course extra fruit to make it look beautiful, but I cut out dragon fruit with a little star cutter, and cut the kiwi in a beautiful design. You’d be surprised how easy it is! If you watch this video, you’ll learn just how easy!
I kept the strawberry leaves on for a little extra natural effect, and kept all the fruit on one side of the bowl. You certainly don’t have to decorate it this way, but it’s just that much more beautiful when you do!
Beloved Blends Whey protein has sourced a premium grass-fed whey and engineered a formula that is gluten & soy free, non-GMO and naturally sweetened. So there’s no need for additional sugars to get that delicious smoothie bowl. Get a 15% off of this amazing Whey Protein using the code “WCDF” at Beloved Blends!Print
Berry Smoothie Bowl
- 1 heaping cup frozen mixed berries (I use Costco’s antioxidant blend)
- 2 small ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- 8 oz coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 scoops vanilla Beloved Blends Protein Powder
- 1 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- optional: Granola
- optional: Fruit
- Add coconut/almond milk and frozen banana to a blender and blend on low until smooth
- Add frozen berries, protein powder and yogurt and blend until until the mixture reaches a soft serve consistency
- Scoop into 1-2 serving bowls and top with desired toppings (optional).
- Best when fresh, though leftovers keep in the freezer for 1-2 weeks. Let thaw before enjoying.